Oaklands School is a ‘Learning Community’.
In order to be a Learning Community we know that students will learn and thrive best when they are healthy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are met, and when they have positive relationships with the adults caring for them.
At Oaklands we offer an environment where students feel welcome, safe, stimulated and are free to enjoy learning and developing in confidence.
We promote this through our ethos, in which students are encouraged to work hard, be kind and take opportunities to ensure we are a Learning Community. Click below our for our commitment to safeguarding.
Key Safeguarding Contacts
- Mr Jason Bonning - Deputy Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Ms Ruhena Begum - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (KS3 & 4)
- Ms Shahena Aktar - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (KS5)
- Mr Abu Miah - Pastoral Leader
- Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Educate Against Hate- https://educateagainsthate.com/
- NSPCC Guide to Social Media - https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- UK Safer Internet Centre - https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/safer-internet-day-2020/i-am-parent-or-carer