The school meals cater to healthy eating and we endeavour to offer food that are cooked from scratch.
All menus are checked against government food standards, including portion sizes and nutrition.
Fresh ingredients, baking and grilling have replaced frozen and frying and our kitchen staff take time to produce wholesome meals, cooked from the scratch. Our inclusive approach to menu development enables the celebration of religious cultural diets.
The salad bar will contain a mix of simple and composite salads with a good range of raw vegetables with dressings on the side looking visually appealing as well as healthy and delicious. We offer toppings such as toasted seeds, homemade croutons, chopped herbs and pickled vegetables making the salad bar exciting enabling students to help themselves.
Puddings will be homemade and we are continually looking at ways to reduce sugar, replacing with naturally sweet fruit or unrefined substitutes. We guarantee to have vegetarian dishes and can signpost dietary preferences as well as allergens to satisfy the multi-ethnic, cultural, religious and medical dietary needs of the pupils. All meat used in our kitchen is halal meat
Free School Meals
Your child may be entitled to Free School Meals if you are a recipient of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income is not more that £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (provided your annual net income does not exceed £7,400)
- Working Tax Credit
For more information, visit your local One Stop Shop or call 0207 364 5000