I am very proud and privileged to be the Headteacher of Oaklands.
I have been Headteacher for the last 14years teaching History, RE and Latin.
I was humbled to be honoured by her majesty the Queen in 2015 birthday honour list for services to education; Oaklands has played a key role in my obtaining this honour.
- Oaklands is a comprehensive community school of 842 11 – 18 learners.
- Oaklands is a fully inclusive school with a wealth of opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential.
- Oaklands has been a very high performing school for over a decade which has learning, teaching and achievement as our central focus. In 2019, our GCSE performance was one of the highest in Tower Hamlets! Progress 8 scores are well above the National Average for the sixth year in a row.
- Oaklands has a strong international dimension with a full international school status for over a decade, the first school in Tower Hamlets to achieve this. We have international links all over the world with many visits from Headteachers, politicians etc keen to know why we are so successful. We are currently working with Denmark, Norway and Austria sharing our good practice and learning from them as well.
- Oaklands serves the local community and promotes cooperation, responsibility and respect.
- Oaklands has been a specialist Science school since 2003 with many students studying triple science. Results are consistently in the top 5% in the country.
- Oaklands became a Specialist School for Modern Foreign Languages in 2008. We are consistently in the top 5% for Modern Foreign Languages.
- Oaklands has strong and supportive partnerships which includes Clare College and Newnham College (University of Cambridge).
- Oaklands continues to be oversubscribed, proudly serving our local community. We admit 180 into Year 7 and have over 200 students in our sixth form.
Patrice Canavan OBE MA NLE,